The Scavenger Tribes - Guide
High growth rate + Gambling Deck ships = wealthy economy. Further more their best ship Inamorata is powerful and very cheap to build. Possibility to have some of the best ship device like the Warp Chunneler if another player play the Borg. Their Double money in the Galactic Bank make them powerful from the start, they need at most 10 turn to power up. Until middle / late game, they have a hard time to deal with Homeworld or bases with an active baseshields and lots of enemy ground forces.
- Race Stats
- Their High Growth Rate is one of the best.
- PC Factor is above average. This allows them to gain happiness at more severe tax policies, allows for a higher repair rate for life support (but a lower repair rate for weapons), and makes convincing Insectoid natives to join your base easier.
- PR is above average. This allows them to repair hull damage faster, makes convincing more Humanoids to join your base after they decide to join, and makes convincing Insectoid natives to join your base even easier.
- HConfig option "Alien Plans Trading Allowed" set to disabled still allows them to have alien hull plans in their possession. This doesn't affect any race that has a hull with a Hacker Droid.
- While their Hull Tech and Large Weapon techs are at 6 or below and their Engine tech is at or below 10 then any money that their Government Centers transfer is doubled. Once any of these techs exceed this limit, then only half is transferred.
- Their native hulls, when owned by them, are immune to hitting barbitic and gravitonic minefields while moving through them. However, they have double the chance of hitting laser and web minefields while moving through them.
- Natives like the Scavengers and gain 1 point in happiness every turn while in their bases.
- The wreckage from any combats near Scavengers is gathered by them automatically. Any combats within 500 ly of their ships or bases will appear at their ship or base after combat.
- The Scav Crawler gathers extra resources from natives in their base, on the planet, and in any other bases where they are located.
- Some of the Scavenger hulls do not start the game with ship devices, but can gain them when that obtain a ship with those devices on them.
- Deliverance Class Ship of the Line - Bioscanner
- Factor Class Cutter - Tachyon Emitter
- Forgotten Class Junk - Warp Chunnel
- Hades Class Frigate - Ram Scoop
- Half-Flint Class Privateer - Cargo Grappler
- Reigendo Class Stratofortress - Jumpgate Builder
- Inamorata Class Strike Ship - Gravitonic Accelerator
- Phoenix Class Escort Carrier - Crystal Inferno Device
- Some Scavenger hulls resemble freighters, but have the combat power of a warship or carrier. These are the Masquerade Class Q-Ship, Omen Class Spec Ops Transport, and Pretender Class Q-Ship. These ships can use a command code of "NID" to generate a new object ID to help disguise themselves.
- Scavenger have a hard time dealing with enemy Homeworld or bases with a baseshield, they have no superweapon, and are weak at ground combat, later in the game they can overcome this by using ET to disable baseshields, using lots of ground forces, using wings to take out base shield, or by gaining access to Superweapon.
- Race Stats
- Money Modifier is below average. This means that in the early game they'll have a harder time gaining tax money from their colonists, but later in the game they should not notice this problem since their growth rate is high.
- Combat Stats are all below average. They are not good at ground and ship boarding combat at all. High numbers of combat units will help offset this.
- Training Rate Stats are all below average. They are not good at training military personnel, but once they have some they'll reproduce well due to the high growth rate.
- Light and Dark powers are below average. Again, this makes them poor combatants in ground and ship boarding combats.
- Spy Factor is below average. This makes them poor at spy attacks and more vulnerable to them.
- PSI Factor is below average (in fact it is zero). This is actually good for being able to have a trooper achieve the rank of high guard on his own juice and allows you to have a chance to convince Amorphous Worms to join your base, but makes identifying spies in spy attacks impossible, completely vulnerable to Incite Disorder spy attack, and makes is more difficult to convince Amphibians & Siliconoids to join your base, and makes it more difficult to gather surface items from the planet that your base is on.
- Law Rating is below average. This makes it more difficult to convince Insectoids to join your base, which is offset by your high PC Factor, and makes it more difficult to fight crime.
- Pod Speed is below average (speed 20). This can be offset a bit by their special ability to transfer double funds to the galactic bank and enable Exotic Techs.
- While Scavenger bases send 30% of their tax income to the central bank, only half of that 30% ever actually arrives.
- Scavengers cannot research Super Weapon technology, ever.
- Their native hulls, when owned by them, have double the chance of hitting laser and web minefields while moving through them.
- They have the ability to gain ship devices that they don't start the game with, but if they end up in a situation where they no longer have any vessels with that device, then they will lose the technology that goes with it.
- Strong starting ships
- Gambling Deck (on Atoll Class Star Post)
- Hacker Droid, Holo Jamming Device (on Omni Class Destroyer)
- Warp Bubble Generator (on Reigendo Class Stratofortress)
- no suitable big ships on lower tech levels, but strong swarms
- cheap spotter
- No ship with Gravitonic Mine Dropper
- Scav owned ships of Scav design (Hull ID: 442-460) never hit Barbitic Minefields, Gravitonic Minefields and Nova Barbitic Minefields (in normal space) , but are 2x more likely to hit Laser Minefields and Web Minefields
- Special devices on some ships, which are deactivated, unless the Scavs learn how they work (by capturing ships with these special devices) See Scavenger Upgrade.
- The Scavengers like all races with a native Hacker Droid are immune to HConfig hull plan Alien Hull Trading Allowed restrictions.
The Scavenger is one of the worse neighbor you can start next too, they have strong starting ships to defend their HW vs any standard early attack like HYP race and even the starting Virgo of the COM. They can raise their hull tech by +1 per turn even with 1 000 000 starting colonist and 5000 starting Mc.
At tech 6 the Scavenger will build it's first Atoll for it Gambling Deck and the Ore Processing, from there their economy will be even better. You also got the deadly Inamorata at hull tech 6, you can easily have 10 of them by turn 10, with 1 000 000 starting colonist and 5000 starting Mc.
- Crystal All types of minefield will force you to use standard warfare, use your mine layer / mine sweeper to crack their mines defense.
- Any races who gain access to web mine layer.
- Any races with laser mine layer or Tachyon Emitter.
- Any races with true cloaked mine layer Lizard, Birdmen, Stormer, Privateer (Barbs or Grav) could disable or blow up your Inamorata fleet parked at your HW.
- Any races with Hyperspace mine layer Peeps, Centaur (Barbs or Grav), UEA (Pax and Maxim) could disable or blow up your Inamorata fleet parked at your HW.
- Well placed Glory Device could take out your fleet if they are not set to auto intercept.
- A Big Hyperspace fleet to your HW, if you did not keep a defensive fleet around.