Stellar Matter Launcher
|Stellar Matter Launcher|
The Solorian Stellar Matter Launcher building structure fires a ball of charged matter at space craft at a long distance that will explode and cause damage to objects in the area. This base structure works in conjunction with a ship with the Stellar Targeter device.
- 40,000 ordnance (4000 MC + 400 supply or 2000 MC + 200 supply with silicinoids ).
- Ship in orbit above the base with the Stellar Matter Launcher. The ship must have a Stellar Targeter device active and a kill target set. An SML can target any valid kill target of the Stellar Targeter ship (Targets: ship, wing, pod, minefield, planet, base, own buoy). If a ship is destroyed during the turn, the SML will target the wreckage of that ship and fire at it.
- 0 colonists (basically just an active base with 1 of either colonist, crew, troop or high guard)
- Cannot be fired from a base located on an Asteroid Field (Host 207).
- When built, the Stellar Matter Launcher ground base structure is turned ON.
- Range: 6 * Star Heat
- Generates 300 points of HD stress for the planet on which this base structure exists. Host 194
- This stress can be reduced by up to 300 Maelstrom Cannon ground units. One Maelstrom Cannon will reduce the stress caused by the Stellar Matter Launcher by one. If more Maelstrom Cannon units are present at the time of firing the stress of the planet will be further reduced, but only during the firing.
- If the blast area of a Stellar Matter Ball hits a ship with an active X Field device, the Stellar Matter Launcher will receive feedback which will result in 0 to 200 points of additional stress for the planet. The feedback can happen only 1 times if multiple active X Field ships are in the blast radius. The X Field does not stop the blast from damaging any ships.
- Activates at the end of the turn, after movement, but before Base Chunnel. So you can fire and chunnel the firing base away in the same turn.
- One Stellar Matter Launcher can fire once per turn per base regardless of how many Stellar Targeters are active and have kill targets. The first ship with the appropriate settings and the lowest ship ID will have its kill target selected for firing.
- This weapon can not be used on ships that are fully cloaked. It can be used on ships with active cloaking devices that are generating more than 400 units of sensor noise and ships that have been made visible by a laser mine detonation.
- To help prevent Stellar Matter Launcher shots at shipyards, objects within 1 ly of a planet within the blast will have a chance to move into the shadow of the blast behind the planet to take reduced damage. Host 221
- Damage: (5000 + 90 * ( StarHeat * 6 - DistanceToTarget)) / HullMass
- Damages ships, pods, and wings within 20 LY of the kill target. The power of the blast decreases by 5% every LY out from the blast center. Solorian craft are not immune to the damage from the blast.
- At one time Gravitonic Minefields would reduce the amount of damage that the Stellar Matter Launcher caused, but that was removed. Confirmed with Tim Wisseman. Host 194
- If the hyperdimensional frequency is less than 1 then it will be set to a value from 0 to 5.
- Ship, pod or wing Scanned or not, are affected if they are in the area of effect.
- Cloaked pod or ships are affected if in the area of effect.
 When does it fire?
 Messages & Logs
The firing base will have a log entry similar to the one shown below:
Stellar Matter Launcher Ready To Fire! Target ID: 223 Weapon range: 432 HD Stress of planet increased by 300 points Target is in range! At 109 LY *** FIRE!!! ***
The recipient of your attack will receive a global message similar to the one shown below:
The Solorian base at planet ID: 88 has fired at object ID: 223 the target was at: ( 1727 ; 2901 ) it hit with a blast power of 34070 all objects in space within 20LY of that blast point may be destroyed. we count 3 secondary explosions.
Any ships that survive the attack will receive the following log entry:
Stellar matter weapon impact!
Feedback from X Field device
Stellar matter HD feedback from X Field device in target area!!!! Planet may EXPLODE!!!
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.213o
 Sep 22, 2008
Changed: Solorian Stellar Matter Launcher with X Field will only take effect once per SML shot.
- Host 221 To help prevent Stellar Matter Launcher shots at shipyards, objects within 1 ly of a planet within the blast will have a chance to move into the shadow of the blast behind the planet to take reduced damage.
- Host 178
- New: Ship making less than 400 points of sensor noise and not lit up by detonating laser mines can not be targeted by the Solorian Stellar matter launcher.
- Host 125
- New: Stellar matter launcher will not harm docked pods and docked wings
- Host 93
- Changed: Solorian Stellar matter launcher only uses 40,000 ord units
- Host 91
- New: Solorian stellar matter ball power increased from 79 to 90
- Host 89
- Fixed: Solorian Stellar Matter Cannon does not work!
- New: Solorian Stellar Matter Cannon blast radius increased to 20 LY (Ships take 1/20 damage at range 20)
- New: Solorian Maelstrom assault unit reduces the HD stress of a planet by 1 point each when the Solorian Stellar Matter Cannon is fired. The Stellar matter cannon produces 300 points of HD stress so 300 Maelstrom units are required to completely counter act the stress of firing the weapon. If the base has more than 300 Maelstroms the HD stress of the planet will actually be reduced during the firing of the weapon. Maelstroms do not has any effect on HD stress when the weapon is not being fired.
- Host 85
- New: Solorian: Stellar Matter Launcher building fires a blast of energy at space craft at a long distance. The device requires 500,000 ord units to fire. The planet must have a ship in orbit over the base with a Stellar Targeter turned on and a kill target set. The blast will be fired at the kill target object if it is in range. Firing the weapon causes 300 points of HD Stress in the planet under the base. The weapon fires after all movement is done and only can damage things in space, it does not damage to ground bases. The device has a blast power of (5000 + 79 * ( StarHeat * 6 - DistanceToTarget))/HullMass - GravMineFactorX. The more Grav mines in the area of the planet firing the weapon or over the target planet the less damage the blast will do. The Launcher has a maximum range of Heat * 6 and has a blast radius of 10 LY. The power of the blast decreases by 10% every LY out from the blast center. Solorian craft are not immune from the blast.
- Stellar Matter Launcher = SML
- When looking at your turn in VidiVici, click on Flag, than Resource Circles, than Race Structure 2, this will highlight the Stellar Matter Launcher.