Ships are the most important units in Planets used for transport missions as well as in Space Combat (Attack settings).
A ship is based on a Hull that can be outfitted with several Ship Parts and can hold several types of Cargo. A ship needs Crew and Fuel in order to move.
For an explanation of the Ship Stats click here.
 Ship Hull
 Ship Parts
Ship hulls can be outfitted with a variety of ship parts that affect their movement and standing in space combats. The amount and qualitiy of parts that you can mount on a ship are defined by the ship's hull.
- Engines are used for subspace travel (they also provide energy for space combat).
- Hyperdrives can be outfitted to some hulls.
- Small Weapons
- Large Weapons
- Super Weapon
- Point Defense
- A ship can be outfitted with a Shield Generator to protect it from boarding actions and during space combat.
- Generators can provide enery to power the weapons.
 Ship Attributes
Apart from the characteristics defined by the hull and the ship parts that it is outfitted with, each ship has a variety of additional attributes:
 Skill, Experience and Happinees
- Ship Skill and Experience are usually gained by surviving space battles and can provide some benefits to the ship.
- Ship Happiness is the rating of how happy your crew is. You should keep your crew happy to gain some benefits and help protect it.
 Ship Name
A string of characters that you may use to name you ship.
- It is limited to 40 characters.
- May be blank.
- You can change the ship name at any time.
- Other races can see the ship name.
 Ship Log
A short log of 40 characters that only the owner of the ship and allies that are set to Allow Commands can see.
- If the ship is captured the log is deleted.
 Captains Log
(Captain's Log) A long message about any special actions or events that took place during the last turn.
- Ships and other objects that have an active log file also have blue square around them on the main star map. The blue square marking can be limited to just important log event by selected that option on the options screen.
Every ship has its own ID number (1 to 20,000) given to it when the ship is made. When the ship is destroyed the ID is recycled and given to another new ship or other object.
 Serial Number
Every new object and ship gets a unique serial number (between 1 and 2,000,000,000) that has never been used before and will never be used again by a new object.
A number from 1 to 30. Who (which player) owns the ship.
 Building Ships
The Planets Client offers three ways to build ships:
 Giving a Ship Away
You can give a ship to another empire by simply transferring off your crew and allowing them to transfer crew over.
 See also
- Ship Transfer
- Space Combat
- How damage affect ships
- Starting Ships Matrix
- Resources on Starting Ships Matrix
- Enemy Ship Scan
- Happiness (Ship)
(previous 200) (next 200)
There are 12 subcategories to this category.
Articles in category "Ship"
There are 188 articles in this category.