Repair Units are used to fix damage done to ships. This is done automatically when a ship has repair units in its cargo bay and has the appropriate switches turned on in the Ship / Damage screen. The amount of repair units required to fully repair a portion of the ship will be shown on the Ship / Damage screen. There is a limit on how much of certain portions of the ship can be repaired during the turn. Each ship has different sized repair cargo bays.
A Ship Repair Shop can produce repair units.
A Mobile Repair Plant can produce repair units.
Ships are not automatically loaded with repair when built. You will have to transport it aboard yourself.
New ships are loaded with repair units, if the base has enough repair units to fill the ship, to stop the base from loading repair units set the command code to NOO (Host 196)
Ships with over 100% hull damage cannot be repaired.
You can set a ship with a command code of BUR to automatically transport (Beam Up) repair units at the end of every turn.
Ship log lists the use of repair units to repair damage.
|Ship Function||Standard Turn Limit||Bonus Requirement||Bonus Limit|
|Weapons||20%|| PC Factor < 80
PC Factor < 40
|Shields||20%||Grecken Blood Wine Addiction < 20||40%|
|Control Systems||40%||Leadership > 90||80%|
|Hull||20%||PR and Law > 80||50%|
|Hyperdrive||30%||Force: Good > 20||60%|
|Life Support||10%||PC Factor > 80||40%|
- The Borlox Armor Exotic Tech can be used to repair armor for free.
- The Crystal Assembly cannot build a Ship Repair Shop or a ship with a Mobile Repair Plant on it, so they have to steal it. Their Crystal X Field does a good job at that.
- Alien hulls are repaired less efficiently. Their hull is repaired at a maximum of 5% per turn. This option can be turned off in the HCONFIG.
- Blasting a Privateer base from orbit will uncover their hidden cache of booty. Cash, fuel, ord and repair units. For every 300 privateer colonists you blast you get 6 megacredits, 2 fuel, 12 ordnance, and 3 repair units.
- If the The Solar Federation has a high guard ranger on board it will attempt to repair hull and system damage during combat only if the hull and system damage is less than 90%. Every combat tick there is a 1% chance that there will be a complete fix of all system damage. There is a 3% chance of a fix of 10% of the hull damage. There is a 5% chance of 20 points of shield power being restored. There is a 2% chance of a complete repair of any weapon damage.
- The Coalition has organic armor on some ships. Armor drain is 1/5 normal and weapons with less than 5 armor drain do NO damage to the ship's armor. It requires 1 med unit to grow a point of organic armor. Organic armor ships start with no armor and must grow all their armor using med units. The Solar Gamma Ray ship device destroys 1 point of organic armor every combat tick. Evergreen and Lotus class ships have organic armor. Organic armor ships can not be refitted or repaired with normal armor units.
- Energy Mines is a large weapon that will destroy 100 to 200 repair units upon impacting the ship when the shields have been breached.
 When Can Ships Repair Themself?
Ships repair with repair units AFTER movement. So if they hit mines during movement, and have a fight, they will be fighting while damaged - they only get a chance to repair if they survive the entire 200 movement phases plus any fights.