Raceview2 is a replacement for the normal Raceview application included in the Planets 4 package.
It it is a .NET program, so you must have the .NET framework (v2 or v3.5) installed.
- Raceview2 shows you devices that are missing in the original Raceview like Plasma Stream Enhancer, Target Enhancer, Clone Lab, Bio Computer, Organic Armor, Ballistic Battle Computer, UEA ships with 100ly always on Contraband Lockdown Sergeant-At-Arms Class Strikeship & Law Dog Class Battleship as well as Scavenger Upgrade ship devices.
- Raceview supports replacement pictures for race logos and leaders.
- Wiki links for ships, devices...
- Download the latest version of Raceview2  (Zip-file)
- Make sure that you have installed .NET Framework Version 2.0  or alternatively Version 3.5 (when using Windows Vista)
- Unzip the Raceview2 Zip-file anywhere on your computer.
 Running the Program
When starting the first time, the program will ask you to enter the path to your Planets4 directory. This will be saved in a file called "rv2-config.xml" in the program directory. The usage of the program itself is pretty forward:
- Choose a race in the left Listbox
- Choose the tab you want to look at (Racedata, Ships, Fighters, Mechs)
- In case of ships, choose the ship you want to look at
- All pages contain a link to the corresponding wiki page
 Under the hood
Raceview2 uses the libraries "PlanetsLib.dll" and "V4FaceInterop.dll" of Roger Norris (author of VidiVici) to access the information from the planets4 races/ship files. These two files are included in the download.
- You can download the sources of Raceview2 (v.1.27)  (Zip-file)
 V1.29 (June, 14th, 2009)
- Changed some routines that handle the planets4 path. So that it should be more user friendly.
 V1.28 (June, 13th, 2009)
- Added additional error message-popups when an exception occurs (to help finding possible bugs)
- Added distinction of "hull speed" and "Max. Warp Speed" to help avoid confusion on hulls having > 400 hull speed.
- Ships have have a max. warp speed of min(hullspeed,190)
- Ships with Gravitonic Accelerator have a max warp speed of min(hullspeed,380)
- Added support for Scavenger Upgrade ship devices.
 V1.27 (April 19th, 2009)
- Added Dampening Field for Pretender Class Q-Ship, Omen Class Spec Ops Transport and Masquerade Class Q-Ship
 V1.26 (December 26th, 2008)
 V1.25 (October 29th, 2008)
- Added explicit wing fuel/speed label.
- Changed some colors.
 V1.24 (May 07th, 2008)
- Fixed new bug with ship wiki link introduced in V1.23 (due to a missing "not" in a check, it wasn't working at all).
 V1.23 (May 06th, 2008)
- Fixed bug with ship wiki link (When no ship was selected an exception was thrown).
- Changed ship display when selecting another race (before the ship you had selected was still shown - now the ship page is resetted)
 V1.22 (May 04th, 2008)
- Fixed bug with tow display introduced in V1.21
 V1.21 (May 03rd, 2008)
- Fixed initialization bug that caused ship images to be written in "C:\" instead of the planets temp directory. On systems with restricted write access to "C:\" this caused the program to crash.
Details: Previous versions placed the files "hull_1.bmp", "hull_2.bmp", "hull_3.bmp", "hull_4.bmp" and "hull.ico" in your "C:\" directory
- Fixed IMT Great Pyramid Tractor Beam display. Now displays "infinte" instead of the (very) big number.
- Changed alignment on fighter and mech pages slightly.
- Changed the "Anthem" button on the race page, as before it may have shown only "Anthe".
 V1.20 (March 20th 2008)
- Fixed Aurora Class Flagship showing a Gravity Sensors while it should not.
- Fixed display error for mechs (fighter defense hadn't been shown).
- Fixed typo "Live Support" -> "Life Support"
- Added display of IMT special building Metals Exchange.
- Changed the color of all wiki links (buttons, special buildings, devices) to a green color, so that you know that they are links and not some normal text.
 V1.19 (February 17th 2008)
 V1.18 (February 10th 2008)
- Fixed "Attack Fighter" settings for assault crafts.
 V1.17 (January 13th 2008)
- Added display of Gravity Sensors on A. Interstellar Class Frigate, A. Odin Class Carrier, and Lotus Class Pursuit Ship
- Fixed Large Weapon mounts/sizes and Warp Drag display
- Spelling fixes for Nanovirus Bomb and Solar Ragnarock Device
- Added an "About" screen to show the current version. (In the menu Help | About)
- Changed location of "hull mass" (moved to metal requirements) (Ship Tab)
- Fixed bug in ship devices. "Ore Processing" and "Alchemy Forge" where mixed up. (Ship Tab)
- Added Max. Warp Speed for hulls (was missing)
- Config file will be deleted if something went wrong with setting the planets dir.
- Added "Wiki Page" buttons to all tabs, that open the corresponding wiki page.
- Does not use "XP Styles" anymore, as that caused some trouble on systems not using those styles (Buttons).
- "Y" / "N" denoting if a race has a certain building are now colored.
- Style of headers changed (nicer to the eyes ;)
- Changed the pictures showing if a building is available to ordinary labels. This makes switching between the races much smoother.
- Changed Application Icon to something similar to original Raceview (may be a bit buggy).
- Allow to sort the Races according to id or name (General)
- Added support for leader & symbol replacements (LXXX.bmp / SXXX.bmp) (General)
- Added special race buildings (Race Tab)
- Added a link to the wiki entry when you click on a specific special base building (Race Tab)
- Added support to play races anthems (Race Tab)
- Added Race Description text (Race Tab)
- Added governement type (Race Tab)
- Added leader name (Race Tab)
- Added Ship hull number (Ship Tab)
- Added a link to the wiki entry when you click on a specific ship device (Ship Tab)
- Fixed a major bug, as the program was writing temp files to "c:\" instead of "%Planets4Dir\Temp\"!