Combat Ordnance is used by ships, wings, and some base structures to allow a weapon or device to perform its function. Ships and wings have a maximum ordnance capacity. Every 100 ordnance will increase the mass of the ship or pod by 1.
- New ships are loaded with ordnance, if the base has enough ordnance to fill the ship. To stop the base from loading ordnance set the command code to NOO (Host 196)
- Various ship Large Weapons, Small Weapons and Point Defense require different amounts of ordnance to fire. When fired in combat, the ordnance required to fire the weapon will be deducted from the ships ordnance total.
- Super Weapons need ord.
- Minefield droppers, such as the Barbitic Mine Dropper, convert ordnance into minefields.
- Wings use ordnance to launch their missiles.
- The Solorian Stellar Matter Launcher uses 40000 ordnance to fire.
- You can transport up to 100000 ordnance in a Resupply Pod.
- The Robot Gun Zero needs 100 ord per shot.
- An Ordnance Plant is a base structure that can convert supplies into ordnance at a cost in megacredits.
- A Mobile Ord Factory is a ship device that will produce ordnance from supplies.
- The Crystal Hyperlathe converts Hyperdimensional Stress into ordnance and other resources.
- The Robot Insectoid Nest will create ordnance and megacredits while mining neutronium.
- 100,000+ Siliconoid natives will double Ord production in the base they are in. Regardless of how happy they are.
- each 50 Natives produce 1 Ord per turn when they are in a crystal Base. (max of 10000 Ord per planet?)
- The Scavenger Tribes can produce free Ord from Siliconoids using their Scav Crawler assault unit.
A successful "Sabotage Bases" spy attack may detonate the ordnance depot at the base and vaporize colonists. The more ordnance present, the more colonists will be killed.