They have a mind of their own and come and go as they please. If the planet's natives like you they will move into your base and assist in your war efforts. Natives can be transported from one planet to another using Native Pods. They hate orbital bombardment. If another base is built on a planet that you have the base on and the natives like that race more than your own the natives will leave your base and join the other race's base. Most natives can be taxed for extra revenues, the amount of tax they pay differs from one native race to the next. Each Type of natives in a base have their own Happiness level.
 List of Natives
 Native Specials
|Native Type||Natives required||Effect||Requirements|
|Amorphous Worms||500||Bases with amorphous natives yield 1 kt of Lerchin Spices per 500 amorphous natives.|
|Amphibians||50,000||Produce free Large Weapons.||Happiness >75|
|Avians||100,000||Provide a happiness bonus to colonists and natives (except Amorphous worms -1) at the same base.|
|Bovinoids||10,000||Double the Supply Production in Factories.|
|Ghipsoldals||50,000||Produce free Engines.||Happiness >75|
|Humanoids||1,000,000||Double the planet scan range they are on.|
|Humanoids||1,000,000 to 10,000,000||Reduce the cost of Tech Level upgrade by 1.25% up to 12.5%|
|Reptilians||50,000||Add a value of 200 to your mining rate.|
|Siliconoids||100,000||Double the Ord Production in Ordnance Plant.|
Planets with amorphous natives yield 1 kt of Lerchin Spice per 1000 amorphous natives
 Native Tax Modifier
? What does this modifier modify ? Explanation missing ?
 Growth Rates
 Outside Base
- Siliconoids: Population = Population * (Climate / 100 * .02 + 1) +10
- Amorphous Worms: Population = Population * (Climate / 100 * .02 + 0.99)
- If Population > 1,000,000 And Climate < 90 then Population = Population * 0.95
- Other: Population = Population * ((50 - ABS(50 - Climate)) / 50 * .02 + 1) + 10
- NOTE: Siliconoids and Amorphous Worms grow best at 100, while all others grow best at 50. Amorphous Worms populations will actually drop in a cold climate.
 Inside Base
- Growth Rate = Happiness/100 * 2% + 10
- Happiness > 100 = Happiness of 100
- Happiness < 0 = Happiness of 0
- NOTE: Planet Climate doesn't matter.
 Finding Natives
 Scanning Planets
- A full scan of a planet will reveal the presence of Natives. For many races, this is the only sure way of finding Natives nearby.
- Ships with a Bioscanner device have a 20% chance of spotting Natives on any planet within 700ly.
 Probe Launcher
- Ships with a Probe Launcher device have a 90% chance of detecting any enemy bases within 500ly - if they spot a base they will also get a full scan of the planet, including any Natives.
- The Rebels can see any planet that has more than 100,000 natives (of a type) on it within 300ly of a rebel base.
 Distress Calls
- Humanoid and Ghipsoldal Natives will send out a message if they spot a ship of Cyborg design, which tells you which planet they are on. Insectoids will do the same if they spot an Enforcer ship.
- The Reunited Coalition of Systems will get full scan from all planets having 1000+ Insectoids within 300LY of one of their Xelovi Hive base structures.
 Native Join Chances
There is a join "chance" and a join "rate" and then some special situations for some natives. The "chance" is the random chance that each native type has to join your base.
|Amorphous Worms||(Lerchin Spices/1000) * 100%|
|Amphibians||( (Race Dark Powers + Race PSI ) / 400 + .05 ) * 100%|
|Avians||( Race Spy Rating / 400 + .05 ) * 100%|
|Bovinoids||( (Race Light Powers - Race Dark Powers) / 200 ) * 100% (5% minimum)|
|Ghipsoldals||(Kerria Crystal Artifacts/1000) * 100%|
|Humanoids||( Race PR / 200 ) * 100%|
|Insectoids||( (300 - Race PC - Race PR - Race Leadership - Race Law) / 400 + .05 ) * 100%|
|Reptilians||( Race Leadership / 300 + .05 ) * 100%|
|Siliconoids||( Race PSI / 500 + .05 ) * 100%|
 Racial Notes
- Increased chance for Avians to join.
- Additionally to the normal joining chance, each turn 5% of the Insectoids on a planet join their base.
- Increased chance for Siliconoids to join.
- ’Chance to Join' is always 0%
- Increased chance for Reptilians to join.
- Insectoids will not join. (due to high PC,PR,lawfullness and leadership, see calculations)
- ‘Chance to Join’ and amount that will join is increased by +15%.
- Insectoids do not join their base.
 Join Chances for each Race
|Chance to Join|
|The Aczanny Pyramids||0,0%||6,3%||5,3%||5,0%||30,0%||(KC/1000)*100%||2,5%||0,0%||38,3%||38,3%|
|The Birdman Republic||LS/1000*100%||30,8%||44,3%||27,5%||30,0%||(KC/1000)*100%||70,0%||1,3%||23,3%||23,3%|
|The Colonies of Man||LS/1000*100%||6,3%||10,0%||10,0%||30,0%||(KC/1000)*100%||72,5%||6,3%||25,0%||25,0%|
|The Crystal Assembly||LS/1000*100%||50,0%||6,5%||5,0%||30,0%||(KC/1000)*100%||20,0%||20,0%||38,3%||60,0%|
|The Cyborg Collective||0,0%||0,0%||0,0%||0,0%||0,0%||0,0%||0,0%||0,0%||0,0%||0,0%|
|The Evil Empire||0,0%||140,0%||22,5%||5,0%||30,0%||(KC/1000)*100%||2,5%||0,0%||75,0%||75,0%|
|The Holy Draconian Empire||LS/1000*100%||29,5%||6,8%||5,0%||30,0%||(KC/1000)*100%||2,5%||21,3%||41,7%||41,7%|
|The Lizard Kingdom||LS/1000*100%||6,5%||5,3%||5,0%||30,0%||(KC/1000)*100%||45,0%||0,0%||85,0%||45,0%|
|The People's Army||LS/1000*100%||10,5%||5,8%||5,0%||30,0%||(KC/1000)*100%||35,0%||11,3%||31,7%||31,7%|
|The Privateer Bands||LS/1000*100%||8,8%||20,0%||5,0%||30,0%||(KC/1000)*100%||0,5%||77,0%||8,3%||8,3%|
|The Robotic Imperium||LS/1000*100%||5,0%||5,0%||5,0%||30,0%||(KC/1000)*100%||2,5%||16,3%||28,3%||28,3%|
|The Scavenger Tribes||LS/1000*100%||6,3%||6,3%||5,0%||30,0%||(KC/1000)*100%||60,0%||0,0%||35,0%||35,0%|
|The Solar Federation||LS/1000*100%||6,3%||6,3%||10,0%||30,0%||(KC/1000)*100%||50,0%||0,0%||25,0%||25,0%|
|The Solorian Unity||0,0%||53,8%||20,3%||40,0%||45,0%||15% + (KC/1000) *100%||30,0%||30,0%||56,7%||56,7%|
|The Stormer Kingdom||LS/1000*100%||11,3%||6,3%||20,0%||30,0%||(KC/1000)*100%||65,0%||0,0%||55,0%||55,0%|
|The University Alliance||LS/1000*100%||5,5%||5,5%||5,0%||30,0%||(KC/1000)*100%||60,0%||0,0%||28,3%||28,3%|
 Racial Notes
- Amorphous Worms will not attack but will also not join.
- Insectoids will attack Aczanny bases.
- All natives except Avians will be restless in Aczanny bases (-2 happiness per turn). The presence of sufficient Avians will offset this happiness decrease.
- Ghipsoldals produce extra free Transwarp engines for Aczanny.
- The Cyborg can assimilate natives (on the planet) into Cyborg colonist except Amorphous Worms, Siliconoids, and Chupanoids. Insectoids are only assimilated at a ratio of 1:6.
- If the Cyborg King assimilates an entire native Humanoid population on a planet of more than 100,000 Humanoids the Cyborg get a free hull tech upgrade.
- If the Cyborg King assimilates an entire native Ghipsoldal population on a planet of more than 100,000 Ghipsoidals the Cyborg get a free engine tech upgrade.
- Humanoids can become Arreran Farmers (Colonist) with the Arerran Capital.
- Insectoids 50k+ add 100 to the mining rate of their base (like Reptilians).
- Insectoids can be trained to be RCS troops on the X. 1260 Royal Class Heavy Cruiser.
- Amorphous Worms will not attack.
- Insectoids will attack Enforcer bases.
- Native income of 250%.
- Chupanoids can be converted into troops.
- Insectoid in Insectoid Nest can build new Robots, abduct colonists and convert natives and prisioners into new Insectoid. They can also mine fuel from the planet's core.
- Native happiness max. 100.
 Native join rates
There is a join "chance" and a join "rate" and then some special situations for some natives. The "rate" is how many of those natives of that type will join your base. After natives do decide to join your base, here is the rates at which they come over.
|Amorphous Worms||Will not join Aczanny at all. Will not join any race with a PSI factor at 80 or above. 10% of the worms + 300 will join. Solorians get a bonus of 15% more than the result.|
|Amphibians||A random % of the Aphibians on the planet will join. Solorians get a bonus of 15% more than the random chance.|
|Avians||They all join at once. Birds of a feather flock together!|
|Bovinoids||A random % of the Bovinoids on the planet will join. Solorians get a bonus of 15% more than the random chance.|
|Chupanoids||20% of a random % of the Chupanoids on the planet will join. Solorians get a bonus of 15% more than the result.|
|Ghipsoldals||50% of a random % of the Ghipsoldals on the planet will join. Solorians get a bonus of 15% more than the result. They take the result / 1000 in KCA from you.|
|Humanoids||Your race's Public Relations stat / 200 x Number of natives on the planet. If your race is humanoid (bit 1 of Lifeform stat, which is currently: Feds, Stormers, Privs, EE, Rebs, CoM, Peeps, UA, Scavs, Dracs, UEA, RCS, and IMT) then this amount is multiplied by 4. Solorians get a multiplier of 1.15 here. The result cannot be more than the original number of natives, of course.|
|Insectoids||Will not join Aczanny or UEA at all. Join rate is the same as Bovinoids except that RCS get an additional 5% of whatever is left on the planet after the normal gathering.|
|Reptilians||30% of a random % of the Reptilians on the planet will join. Solorians get a bonus of 15% more than the result.|
|Siliconoids||20% of a random % of the Siliconoids on the planet will join. Solorians get a bonus of 15% more than the result.|
Thanks to Magik for this information
- Natives don't carry their happiness with them in the pod. Each base has a set native happiness for each type upon creation. They use that. It doesn't get adjusted until there is a native of that type there.
- Is native happiness among merged bases still added or is it averaged?
- It is weighted according to the population of one base versus the other. 1 unhappy insectoid will not influence 1 million happy insectoids. - Magik
 See also
-  Native Join Rate Excel Sheet (by Zaabur and BlackNo1)