Movement is split into 200 sub phases also called ticks. During each of these, many things can occur.
At start of the turn, Ship speed is divided by 200 (the number of ticks). At each phase, the ships move that ammount.
During each tick, the following are checked to see if they can/should occur:
- Ship Transfers
- Warp Movement of ships, fighter wings, and pods
- Docking of pods
- Space Combat
- Tick 0: Special "fast" Hyperdrive ships (Rebel Falcon and Privateer MCBR) jump before all normal movement. They can then move normally for the remaining 200 phases.
- Tick 0: Ships can be chunneled using Warp Chunneler device.
- Tick 1-50: No space combat will occur. This alllows for safe Boarding attempts without combat.
- Tick 100: Normal Hyderdrive and Jumppoint ships jump. They can't move afterwards. For details on Hyperjumping, click here.
- Travelling through Jump Gates and Wormholes is at the very end of the turn after the movement phases and device action.
- There is one last Scan after Jump Gates, Wormholes and Ground Base Chunneler.
- Virgo Light Speed: This is just very fast "normal" movement at 400 LY / turn (Similar to using a Gravitonic Accelerator).
 See Also
- What about the undocking of pods?
- What about the docking/undocking of wings?
- What about towing?