Mobile Ord Factory
While this device is active, it will automatically convert 1 supply that is present in the cargo hold of the ship into 10 ordnance. It will not convert supply units when the ordnance hold cannot carry 10 more ordnance or supplies are not present on the ship.
- This device is marginally more efficient than the Ordnance Plant structure; saving about 9% of the cost, though the cost is entirely in Supply rather than almost entirely in MC.
- When combined with the Bovinoids special ability to double Factory production, the savings that can be realized with this device increases to 55%.
- If the Siliconoids special ability is doubling Ordnance Plant production, then this device is again only marginally better against the 50% savings.
- NOTE: If the ship with this Device has a small capacity for Supply or Ordnance, then the mass production ability of the base may outweigh this Device's efficiency.
- 3.15 Lay minefields or Recharge them (not both).
- 3.15 Sweep minefields.
- 3.17 Mobile Ord Factory processed.
- With the Ordnance Plant, every 100 ord take 10 mc and 1 supply.
- With the ship device Mobile Ord Factory 100 ord take 10 supplies and 0 mc.
- You will produce Ord after you lay minefield.
- A Crystal X Field Device active within 50LY causes 0% to 80% engine damage and 0% to 50% hull damage on ships with an activated Mobile Ord Factory.
 Ships with this Device
- In my test the device on a Colonies of Man Aries Class Metal Ship converted 1,490 supplies into 15,000 ordnance. Perhaps the first one was free...
- That's not correct so. I get from 2000 Sup 20100 Ord and the turn before from 3000 Sup 30100 Ord with my Nest Class