| Meteor Class Blockade Runner
(*) Fast Hyperspace
This is definitely the most hated ship in your fleet. Never a real tech 9 battleship it is a Fast Hyperspace enabled ship (the only hyperjumping ship in the fleet) with a big mass, good towing and a mean set of gadgets. None of the gadgets is a real killer, the mix defines your chances to keep your enemies weak and unstable.
This is the main ship in the privateer's shipyard. It has various purposes:
- Recon missions
- Dust off of natives and contraband
- Drop minefields
- Steal cargo, money and hull plans
- Train troops and HG
- Tow other privateer ships
- Drop assault pods
 Special Rules
- The Meteor Class Blockade Runner takes 2X damage from detonating barbitic minefields. A single detonating barbitic minefield will do 48 hull damage and 96 systems damage. Two detonating fields will completely disable the ship, and three will kill it.
- If a BR4 Class Gun Ship, BR5 Torpedo Boat, Dwarfstar Class Transport, Meteor Class Blockade Runner or Bloodfang Class Command Carrier in non-privateer hands is set as capture target by a Privateer owned ship, it is autocaptured next turn.
- The target ship can be anywhere on the map.
- The capturing ship gains experience by doing this.
- Hulls with a max hull speed of 300+ have a tow power of 0 in a tow contest.
- The Meteor Class Blockade Runner can not tow enemy ships against their will unless you board them or they are out of fuel.
 Ship Devices
 Useful Configurations
 Dirt Cheap Powder Monkey
50 (with Gravitonic Accelerator
)Max Hyp Distance:
200; Fuel Consumption:
Test done with Diplomat 3.07; Costs are about 6,000mc. Can succeed against 5 Deth Speculas
or 2 Star Destroyers
. The idea is to survive long enough to capture a ship if you get into a battle - Of course you can go without weapons...being a disgrace for every pirate.
 Jump and scram
The main aim of this ship is to jump long distances to quickly jump into medium dangerous areas, grab all you can get and move away next turn. The problem is to survive "auto intercepting".
 See also