Megacredits are the primary Trade Good of the galaxy, and its main form of currency. It is 'money'. Almost everything in Planets that you want to build, buy, learn, or acquire will require megacredits as a part of its price.
Megacredits can exist in 5 locations:
- Ground Bases
- The Galactic Bank (megacredits is sometimes referred to as Galactic Credits or gc when money is in the Galactic Bank)
- Planet surface, you can only see the mc when doing a ship transfer to the planet surface, the megacredit are here after a base has been destroyed (by a WCM).
 Standard means of acquiring Megacredits
- Cities and Undercities (just over half the races can build Undercities - The Privateer Bands can build neither Cities nor Undercities)
- Farms (some races can't build Farms)
- Selling Contraband (some races can't sell Contraband)
- Ground Combat and capture bases with megacredits
- Capture enemy supply pods carrying megacredits
- Government Centers will allow you to transfer up to 10k megacredits per planet to the Galactic Bank
 Race Specific
Some races have their own special ways of acquiring megacredits.
- Generates some money from Hyperlathes (3 MC for every working structure)
- Get money when assimilate other race personnel with Borg drones (more details)
- Makes money when assimilating natives (more details)
- The Ground Unit Cyborg Assimilator creates additional money from assimilation
- The Cyborg King increase Tax Income and give interests on existing money
- The King's Palace produces 100 MC for the ground base and 1000 MC for the Galactic Bank
- They steal money from other Players by simply transfer it from enemy ships or with the Money Tap ship device
- in Turn 4 the Big Boss appears and gives 20,000 MC for the Galactic Bank
- The River Royale generates money from all other colonists in 200ly range.
- The Party Skiff generates when contrabands are in base
- Insectoid Nests can generate money when they mine Neutronium from a planets core and you earn 1 MC for (every) 10 abducted colonists
- The Celestia has several mechanisms to generate megacredits. It can also move mc into the Galactic Bank or withdraw it. This race is the only race that can withdraw from the galactic bank.
- Cities of the UEA have double income (=200 MC each).
- The Redistribution Center converts Contrabands into 1 MC each and some other stuff (UEA can't sell contrabands!)
- They get money for training troops and HGs in Training Center
- Reticulian Med Lab generates money from Natives by killing them.
- The Metals Exchange converts metals into money.
- They can create money with the Show Lounge.
/* This list is incomplete. Lots of other races have their own mechanisms for this. Please add them */
 List of Money Making Structures, Assault Units and Ship Devices
 Structures that can generate Megacredits
- Insectoid Nest
- King's Palace
- Labor Camp
- Labor Mine
- Market Place
- Metals Exchange
- Nawole Garden
- Redistribution Center
- Xelovi Hive
 Structures that can generate Contraband
 Assault Units that can generate Megacredits
 Ship Devices that can generate Megacredits
 Ship Devices that can generate Contraband
- Megacredits are the money of the game.
- Megacredits = MC=Mc = $ = Money
- LOAD LIMITS: That Small ON-OFF button at the bottom right-hand side of the Ship Transfer Window. It shall limit the quantity of items transferable onto a ship. MegaCredits does not have a so called upper limit and to Transfer greater than 100,000 MC this Transfer Limit Button needs to be turned off.(Only needs to be turned off if MC on ship already exceeds 100,000MC)
- There is no limit of money you can carry in a ship.