- Every Ship, Base, Fighter Wing, Pod (and Buoy?) has an ID number, by which it can be identified.
- All IDs in a game are uniqe.
- The fist ID # are for Stars (if the map has 400 stars they will have id 1-400).
- Then ID # are given to starting base, know as HW.
- Then ID # are given to starting ships, and (COM) starting wings.
- Then ID # are given to Wormholes (Default HConfig setup have none).
- Master 213 has a new option to randomize all id.
- A game has a limit of 20,000 IDs. So there can't be more than 20,000 objects in a single game.
 Scripted game
The above gives an order which applies to non-scripted games, for scripted games the order is the order in the script, the ID number given to the object or a random ID number if that option is scripted.