What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.213
 April 01, 2008
While this being the latest official version distributed (from Tim web site), your should always use the latest host version it has fixed a lot of bugs.
- Fixed: 2nd Crew Report displays correct prisoner count now.
- Fixed: A combat initiator could find a pod docked to a ship and use that as an object to start a fight with, even though the ship it was docked to had attack off or was fully cloaked. Undocked pods can be targets now with Target Harmless Pods enabled (client 64) or Target Soft (client -63) for ships and wings as the initiator.
- Fixed: A target of incoming fire will start to return fire if it was previously not configured to do so, as will all of the units from the same player.
- Fixed: After the first combat with a base or pod, their next combat will be on movement pulse 199. Assault Pods are exempted from this.
- Fixed: Fighters in an assault pod can form a new base on a planet.
- Fixed: Fixed an issue where an ally with matching friendly codes of an ally's ship could not transport to/from the other ship.
- Fixed: Fuel burn rate is recalculated after engine damage is incurred.
- Fixed: GBA and GSA were doing some weird stuff, including destroying race structures that couldn't be given away.
- Fixed: Gravity Well Generator not working sometimes. Most noticeably with a Coalition A. Odin Class Carrier.
- Fixed: Ground combat kills forced to be non-negative to avoid weirdness.
- Fixed: If a base is filtered from combat because it's planet isn't in the combat zone then the home guards of that filtered base will not be in the combat.
- Fixed: If a Spindizzy incurs 20%+ system damage during movement then it will stop and the Spindizzy will fail.
- Fixed: If a unit is not moving in a minefield (and isn't escorting or intercepting) then it's vector length will no longer cause it to hit a mine.
- Fixed: If multiple Spindizzies violated the 5 ly planet radius in the same tick then only one would stop.
- Fixed: If you try to create a new base from a ship and the game is out of object IDs then you will no longer lose your personnel from the transport.
- Fixed: Improved the speed of ally checks in combat.
- Fixed: Labor Camps owned by the EE producing too much money. (Host 212f error)
- Fixed: Labor Mines were allowed to be overpopulated and thus produce more mining & money. (Host 212f error)
- Fixed: Mobile Fighter Factories wouldn't build new wings if they didn't have the cost + 1 mc. Now you can have the exact cost.
- Fixed: Native growth "Amorphouss" typo.
- Fixed: New buoys come with garbled text. You will have to reapply the proper text to current/active buoys. (Host 212f error)
- Fixed: New wreckage appears with garbled text. You will have to reapply the proper text to current/active wreckage. (Host 212f error)
- Fixed: Outfit pod launches that have a 0 engine count but a valid engine type are cleaned up so that weirdness doesn't happen.
- Fixed: Outfit pods may have an engine type, but a zero engine count in the "old" section, which would cause an Upgrade/Swap to fail.
- Fixed: PD used against a Base Ion Cannon would not use ordnance where appropriate.
- Fixed: Possible (rare) situation where a worm hole could be mistaken for a jump gate.
- Fixed: Privateer Spy "Universal" typo.
- Fixed: Problems transporting resources from a resupply pod.
- Fixed: Problems with some actions finding all of the objects within a given radius to perform the actions upon.
- Fixed: RCS type-3 fighters were still taking 1 fighter hit sometimes while moving through laser minefields. Also, their HG had a chance of dying. No longer.
- Fixed: Robot prisoners won't die from starvation.
- Fixed: Rounded partial mechs and fighters used in Deep Ground Patrols down.
- Fixed: Scavenger wreckage gathering after combat would sometimes grab wreckage outside of its gathering radius.
- Fixed: Ship fuel wasn't being exported from combat correctly. This only really mattered for Solorian ship captures.
- Fixed: Ships with 100% hull damage were allowed to enter combat. Previously, only ships with 101%+ hull damage could not.
- Fixed: The ship boarding combat report will show the proper amounts of passengers remaining on the enemy ship instead of lumping them together as "crew".
- Fixed: The trimming of VCR files should work better now.
- Fixed: There were issues with ships being able to transfer to/from a pod you own or that you are allied with unless it was docked to you and belonged to you.
- Fixed: Virgo Light Speed requires less than 50% control systems damage and crew to be on board to be able to use it now like all other movement mechanisms.
- Fixed: When a ship would get into combat, it's fuel would reset to the level at which it started movement at. Wreckage would have this incorrect amount as well. Anti-matter Maul would get this from a destroyed ship.
- Fixed: When life pod is landing that you own and you have prisoners from another race in it that you are now allies with, the code would look for a base of that prisoner player within 150 ly of the base where you are landing it to put the contents of the pod. When this would fail the prisoners would vanish from the game. This has been changed to find the nearest base and upon failure, use the local planet (if you can; asteroid check) and if not look for another suitable planet within 150 ly. If none is found then the landing orders are canceled and the pod and prisoners remain intact in orbit.
- Fixed: When wings refueled, the log message stated the incorrect object ID that it got refuled from.
- Fixed: Wings & Pods will undock from their prior ship before docking to a new ship mid-turn, so that they won't appear as undocked when the player opens their RST.
- Fixed: Wings would always initiate a combat; regardless of whether or not they were docked or had attack settings enabled.
- Fixed: You can no longer transport to a pod and overload a pod with cash so that it exceeds its 1000 kt limit. 1000mc = 1kt.
- Fixed: You gain 10 happiness (max 200) for a ship performing a transport to a base. Now it will make sure that something actually moved from one object to another before giving you the bonus.
- Fixed: You will only get a transport log message when some resource actually moves from one object to another.
- Fixed: Alchemy Forge will observe reserve levels of the base when taking supplies.
 New Features
- New: 20k loops have been controlled a bit by maintaining a pointer to the highest object ID in existence. This makes hosts runs with few objects run very fast. Simulations and small games will process much faster by the host.
- New: Bases can be the initiator of Space Combat if they have Ion Cannons or Fighters and the target is a ship. Also, they can be the initiator if they have Anti-Aircraft Guns or fighters and the target is a Wing.
- New: Boarding laser ship logs.
- New: Object ID # added to pod capture player message.
- New: Player message when a minefield runs out of energy.
- New: Ship and Wings that have Target Harmless Pods disabled (client 64) or Target Soft disabled (client -63) will not use pods as a target when attempting to initiate combat.
- New: Ship Command Code "CTx", where x is from 0 to 9. This code will cause troops to be transferred to the base below and colonists transferred up. The x value is the percentage (x 10) of troops that you want to keep on the ship. For example, when x = 1 then 10% of the troops on board will be kept on board.
- New: Ships and Wings set to Avoid Base will not use them as a target when attempting to initiate combat.
- New: Support to initiate a transport from an assault pod using a ship.
- New: Support to land construction and gold pods on planets. If you lose a hull plan in the process (since they cannot exist on planets) then you'll get a player message.
- New: Support to land resupply pods on planets. This may effect how colonizing new planets with a life pod and resupply pod functions. Please report back any issues/concerns.
- New: Support to land wreckage on planets. If you lose ship parts in the process (since they cannot exist on planets) then you'll get a player message.
- New: When a wing or ship is set to guard base and there is a base owned by that same player in range of the combat initiation, it will be pulled into combat if it has fighters, ion cannons or AAGs to add support to the combat. This will happen for ships even if they are hidden from other players. It will also happen if ships/wings have their aggressive mode disabled.
- New: You have a 40% chance to receive the last transmission from a destroyed unit (ship, wing, base) via player messages. If the message is too long then you'll only receive the last portion of the unit's log. There is a 20% chance that the transmission will be fragmented and you'll only get a portion of the unit's log.
- New: Your forces will only attack enemy Anti-aircraft Guns in ground combat if you have fighters in your forces to protect.
- Changed: A ship cannot tow anything if its hull or engine damage is over 25%.
- Changed: Assault Pods docked to a ship must have their Board Enemy Ship option enabled if they want to be able to be a target for combat initiation.
- Changed: Checks put in to make sure that new pod launches don't exceed capacity. It won't affect anything, but in the future when/if other clients are available then this limitation will hold true.
- Changed: Coalition Trade Triad requires that 50k colonists be present to quality as member of a triad.
- Changed: Combat initiation still chooses an initiator and a victim, but a line is drawn between them and everything within 6 ly of the line is pulled into combat.
- Changed: Exotic Techs for increasing scanning range is no longer applied to alien hulls except for Privateer-owned ships.
- Changed: If a ship is fully cloaked, but the combat initiator has detected them somehow, they can enter combat with them.
- Changed: IMT conversion of chupanoids to troops will start at a maximum of 5000 and then increase by 350 per turn thereafter.
- Changed: Instead of a Worm Hole exiting situation leaving everything that enters it at coordinates (x+7,y+7), it can be in any direction from x-4 to x-7 and y-4 to y-7.
- Changed: Mine Sweeper Array cannot function with hull damage over 80% or control systems damage over 50%.
- Changed: New ships will launch with 2 fuel with the NOO Base Command Code or 30 if the base/ship has the available fuel on hand. The ships will also observe base reserve levels.
- Changed: Public Space Ports will cost 10 mc each to operate even though the effective number of operating space ports may be less.
- Changed: Removed some slow routines that would recalculate the mass of all objects every movement pulse. Instead, whenever a change to an object occurs, the mass is recalculated at that point. The fuel burn rate is recalculated after the mass is adjusted.
- Changed: Ships/wings set for guard base will bring in an allied base into combat if it can provide support as well as its own.
- Changed: Ships/wings that are set for Defensive Mode ("Normal" in clients <64) or Retreat ("Flee" in clients <64) will begin the combat without any enemies and will only return fire once fired upon. When fired upon, they will inform all of their units to open fire as well and any allies that are in the combat will open fire.
- Changed: Siren HAARP affects friend and foe alike. It is an area of effect weapon that attacks and affects the minds in the area. It isn't selective.
- Changed: The coordinates of a combat will be the point in space in between both combat initiator and the first valid target found. It was previously located at the initiator's coordinates.
- Changed: Transports will not cancel unless there is nothing left to do or you performed a boarding action against another ship. The target ship of a boarding action no longer has its transport cleared, so it can reciprocate a boarding assault.
- Changed: Victory Point Scoring for the following values are now configurable via HConfig between 0 and 500 instead of just being an on/off switch: VictoryPop1Million, VictoryPop5Million, VictoryPop10Million, VictoryNativeVote, VictoryNotAtWarVotes, VictoryAtWarMinusOne. In other words, you'll get the value set for these as victory points instead of just 1 VP.
- Changed: When a wing that is docked to a carrier auto-intercepts a unit then it will automatically be set to escort and dock with the carrier so that when the auto-intercept is destroyed, that it will return to the carrier unless it finds another auto-intercept target.
- Changed: Wing base value for hitting a minefield increased from 15 to 25.
- Changed: You no longer get a full scan of all participants in a combat unless you include at least a ship, wing, base or an assault pod.
- Removed: Nothing
 Other Host 213 Changes