- Each player has a galactic bank account.
- The Megacredits (in this context called Galactic Credits (GC)) in this account are used to pay for tech upgrades, exotic techs, Exotic Hulls, and spying. The galactic bank has no other usage.
- Money which is deposited into the galactic bank cannot be withdrawn (except by the GalDraw device, owned by the COM).
- The Galactic bank can take and store 1 billion MC.
 Depositing Megacredits
Megacredits are sent to the galactic bank in several ways:
- Government centers can send 0 to 10,000 MC per turn to the bank.
- Part of the taxes are sent to the bank every turn.
- Some races have special ways to send money to the bank, such as GalBank devices, tech institutes, and king's palaces.
- The Scavengers have advantages in the amount of megacredits put into the galactic bank under certain conditions.
- The IMT race can transfer money from their Government Centers to another player's Galactic Bank account using the desired race number as the base command code.
- 1) The income auto transfer from base Taxes to the Galactic Bank.
- 2) Exotic Tech Spending.
- 3) The transfer from Government centers to the Galactic Bank.
- 4) Tech increases
See Host Order for more info.
Additional info: Tech upgrades occur after base production of structures and parts so that you cannot build higher tech parts and structures on the same turn that you are advancing to the tech to be able to build them. This is why Tech Level advancement is paid for after government center transfers, because of the position of building structures/parts.
 See Also
- When are the Spying fees paid for ?
Probably at the same time that Exotic Techs are paid for, but may be when spy attacks occur, which is at the end of the turn after movement.