Some ships are equipped with a dry dock, that can build ship hulls in space. The size of the dry dock determines the maximum size of hull that it can build. For example, a 500kt dry dock can build any ship hull with a mass of 500kt or less.
To build ships with a dry dock, you may either use Quick Build (preferred), or the Build tab of the Ship Command screen. Quick Build will allow you to build completely outfitted ships without having the parts on hand. The Build tab, however, will only allow you to build empty hulls with no parts attached. In both cases, the dry dock ship must have enough metals and cash in its cargo bay in order to build the ship (and the MC and metals for parts, if using Quick Build).
A dry dock can build an unlimited number of ships in a single turn, as long as the needed resources are available in its cargo bay at the beginning of the turn (this is different from building ships in bases).
- Ships built by a drydock will use the crew and fuel of a base of theirs instead of the crew and fuel on their own ship when available.
Ships built from a dry dock will now escort the dry dock at the dry dock's speed (if the newly built ship is capable). It will start with fleet member enabled, share fuel, ordnance, and repair enabled, with minimum fuel setting to 30, and minimum ordnance setting to 1000 (so set the dry dock as Fleet leader and switch on share fuel, ord and repair to exchange this materials with the newly build ships). It will match the attack and damage repair settings of the dry dock. (Host 213.46)
Remember to plan ahead and have additional supplies on hand for your new ships: you'll need ordnance, repair units, fuel, and crew.
 Dry Dock chart
the following ships have Dry Docks and their capabilities are listed below.
- If you use Quick Build then they are built at the beginning of the turn along with the rest of your ships. General Kael
- Building only the hull using the normal build screen the ships are built after all movement is finished.
When you build ships via build tab of Ship Command screen you need to outfit the ships via Outfit Pods afterwards. To save time use the following method:
- Turn 1:
- a) Build hull at drydock
- b) Create outfit pod (no dock target/boost etc)
- Turn 2:
- a) Dock pod to empty hull and set command to "push"
- b) Use ship as if it was outfitted (Note podbays -1 available due to outfitpod)
- You can even build alien hulls by having the plan stored in the ship data bank, you will have this option via quick build if you have enought metals and money on board the ship at the begining of the turn.
- Exception: Dry Docks cannot build Coalition hulls.