Category:The Privateer Bands
|Ship Hull id's:||82-88|
 Racial Statistics
||Happiness and Contraband||
||Income and Combat|
||Training||Col to Crew||111
||Crew to Troop||30
||Troop to HG||40
|Illegal Music CDs
|Alpha Wave Floggers
|Vaggen War Hounds
1 The change for Complex Tax depends on the Happiness in Base. For more information look here
2 This are the values for the majority of the natives. For Humanoids the happiness decrease up to 25 points.
3 This are the values for the majority of the natives. For Humanoids the happiness decrease up to 15 points.
 Big Boss
At turn 4 Privateers get 20,000 MCs on their Galactic Bank account from the big boss. (You can order tech increase at turn 3 to be paid by the big boss deposit.)
Subject: Money Transfer We have acquired 20000 gc from the big man.
 Data Sharing
If any race shares data with the Privateers, the Privateers will be able to see that race's Universal Friendly Code.
- Privateers have 1/8 the odds of detecting a Minefield.
- Privateers have twice the odds of detecting a Ground Base.
- Privateer "spies" find bases with high contraband and money (a message is created).
- Privateers can see the cargo of enemy ships. (Host 213t)
 Privateer Spies
- The Privateer Spies can give you a message about Bases with huge amounts of Megacredits or Contrabands.
- The message does not provide an updated scan of the base or planet.
- It doesn't depend on Spy Mana or your Spy Rating.
- It loops through bases, starting at a random object ID and when it finds a base, there is a 40% chance that it'll check it for contraband and money.
- It has no limitation in range.
- The Base must have more than 30,000 MC or 10,000 Contras
- It'll only send up to 5 messages.
- The same spy report for these bases is sent to all privateer players in the game.
- Your own base or other privateer bases aren't excluded.
|Tech||Hull Name||Comment||New Crew*||%||Notes|
|1||Outrider Class Scout||Support||24||13.33 %||3rd most cost effective for training Crew|
|1||Small Deep Space Freighter||Support||17||40.47 %|
|1||Neutronic Fuel Tanker||Support||17||40.47 %|
|2||Painmaker Class Cruiser||Support/Warship||33||9.37 %|
|3||Medium Deep Space Freighter||Support||18||30 %|
|3||BR4 Class Gun Ship||Warship||21||17.5 %|
|4||Small Transport||Support||18||28.57 %||2nd most cost effective for training Crew|
|4||BR5 Torpedo Boat||Warship||22||16.92 %|
|5||Skyfire Class Cruiser||Warship||28||10.37 %||3rd most cost effective to make Troops & HG|
|6||Large Deep Space Freighter||Support||20||19.6 %|
|6||Dwarfstar Class Transport||Support||48||7.38 %||2nd most cost effective to make Troops & HG|
|7||Red Wind Class Carrier||Support||17||42.5 %|
|7||Lady Royale||Support||365||5.21 %||The most cost effective for training Crew|
|8||Skyfire Skuller||Warship||34||9.18 %|
|9||Meteor Class Blockade Runner||Warship/Support||48||7.38 %|
|10||Super Transport Ship||Support||25||13.37 %||The most cost effective for training Troops & HG|
|10||Bloodfang Class Command Carrier||Warship||185||5.44 %|
* = New Crew from Colonist Ship with 0-49 Xp, 1 crew on board, guest quarters full of colonists. % = New Crew / Max ship Crew Capacity
- Privateers cannot build or trade foreign hull plans.
- Privs can fight without restriction in combat with alien hulls. (That's their benefit; not everything else. Magik)
 Advanced Transporter Beam
- Privateer ships can transfer cargo from any enemy ship. They can steal all the enemy's ord and repair units or any other cargo they wish if they have the cargo room to do so. Only the amount of fuel they can steal has a hard limit.
 Auto Capture
- If a BR4 Class Gun Ship, BR5 Torpedo Boat, Dwarfstar Class Transport, Meteor Class Blockade Runner or Bloodfang Class Command Carrier in non-privateer hands is set as capture target by a Privateer owned ship, it is autocaptured at the end of the next turn.
- The target ship can be anywhere on the map.
- The capturing ship gains experience by doing this.
 Mark Ships
The basis of this is from past carnivals. The ticket booth would have the attendant sitting high above the customers so that they could see the customer open their wallet. They would then signal a cohort to brush their shoulder with chalk, thus marking the target for pick-pocketing later.
- New Privateer race ability since Host 213.43.
- Privateer ships can mark a target ship for the remainder of the turn.
- You need to be within 5 ly of a target and having the capture target setting set on that ship and will mark if without a scan.
- The marked ship just cannot be fully cloaked.
- The effect of the mark is a detailed scan of the ship.
- The mark will only happen when scans normally happen, so every 5 movement pulses.
- If the HConfig value “ReduceScanning” is in effect, then this lessens the chance of the mark happening as it is a function of the Privateer scanners.
 Boarding Laser
- Privateer Boarding Lasers kill more personnel (even more if the ship has the hull plan of the target ship).
 Extra Damage
- Large Weapons on privateer owned ships kill 4x the crew, colonists and guests.
- If a privateer owned ship fires at a ship and has the hull plan of the ship, it does 4x the basic shield and armor drain (Exotic Tech boni are not multiplied).
Unlike any other race, experience is absolutely vital for Privateer ships.
 Experience and Training
 Experience gain
All ships can gain experience by surviving a space combat where at least one enemy ship is destroyed. On top of this, Privateer ships have extra means of gaining experience:
- + 50 Exp: Stealing an alien hull plan from an enemy base with the hull plan napper (MCBR)
- + 30 Exp: Taking a Privateer hull ship away from another player by spacing their crew with the Auto Capture attack (Any privateer ship)
- + 25 Exp: The money tap stealing more than 5000 mc (MCBR)
- + 20 Exp: Stealing an alien hull plan from an enemy ship's computer core (MCBR)
- + 10 Exp: Stealing an alien hull plan from an enemy gold pod that is docked with an enemy ship (MCBR)
- + 10 Exp: Stealing more than 500kt food from an enemy resupply pod (MCBR)
- + 10 Exp: Stealing more than 500kt food from an enemy base with the cargo grappler (MCBR)
- + 10 Exp: Stealing more than 500kt of all accumulated cargo from an enemy ship with the cargo grappler (MCBR)
- + 10 Exp: Using a boarding laser on an enemy ship if the enemy is using a hull that is not of his own design (MCBR,Skyfire Skuller)
- + 5 Exp: Using a boarding laser on an enemy ship (MCBR, Skyfire Skuller)
 Boarding Benefits
- Privateer ships with more than 100 experience get an extra attack bonus for their Troops during a Boarding action. 240 experience give a 240% attack bonus.
 Ship Devices
The Privateer Bands ships include the following ship devices:
- Boarding Laser
- Cargo Grappler
- Gambling Deck
- Gravitonic Accelerator
- Gravitonic Mine Dropper
- Jumpgate Builder
- Native Dust Off
- Self Destruct
- Show Lounge
- Siren HAARP
 Privateer unique Ship Devices
 Starting Ships
|1||Dwarfstar Class Transport||100||-||900||850||4 Plasma Gun||2 Photon Torpedo Tube||4 Flake Cannon|
|1||Meteor Class Blockade Runner||380||750||1500||200||30 Plasma Gun||4 Photon Torpedo Tube||4 Flake Cannon|
 Resources on Starting Ships
|1||Dwarfstar Class Transport||650||11241||1592||-||38||600||300||150||333||6000||600|
|1||Meteor Class Blockade Runner||650||634||233||-||30||800||400||200||200||1500||1000|
- Party Skiffs can earn some extra money (more).
- Assault Gondalas can kill small amounts of enemy colonists within 200LY (more).
- River Royales collect money from big bases within 200LY and while dropping their happiness (more).
- Privateers can create bases on Asteroid Fields.
- Privateer bases with more than 1 million Colonists have a greater than usual Sensor Profile.
Privateer bases cause crime to move in odd ways on all bases with in 200 LY of one of their bases. About 10% of a base's crime will either move to another base or 10% of another base's crime will move to into a base. Bases with high crime tend to drop in crime while low crime bases tend to gain crime.
- The Evil Empire and the Cyborg are immune to this special Privateer power.
- Privateers get an extra 100mc in a base, if that base is able to gather more than 10 crime. If they are able to gather more than 50 crime on one of their bases, their earning will reach 200mc.
- The Base Log shows the following message:
It's a Party!!! Everybody have fun!!!
- Bases of the Cyborg or the Evil Empire are not affected.
- Bases of other Privateer players are affected.
 Blasting Privateer Bases
Blasting a Privateer base from orbit will uncover their hidden cache of booty. (Cash) MC, fuel, ord and repair units. For every 300 privateer colonists that are killed that way, 6 megacredits, 2 fuel, 12 ordnance, and 3 repair units appear on the planet surface. The MC from the base are also spilled on the planet surface.
 Special Buildings
 Missing Buildings
- Anti-Aircraft Gun
- Base Shield
- Ion Cannon
- Laser Cannon
- Raid Shelter
- Ship Repair Shop
- Terra Former
- Training Center
 Long Range Effects
The Privateers have a number of different devices, assault units and other effects that can affect enemies - and usually allies too! - at long range. Some of these require a current scan of the target, some are 'area effect' and will affect all targets within range whether scanned or not.
|Base with 10k+ Priv Colonists||200||Bases||Enemies and Allies||Area Effect||Causes unhappiness||Cyborg and Evil Empire immune|
|River Royale||200||Bases||Enemies and Allies||Area Effect||Makes money, causes unhappiness||Cyborg immune|
|Pirate Cove||200||Bases||Enemies and Allies||Area Effect||Steals food and contraband, causes unhappiness||Cyborg immune (Evil Empire immune to unhappiness only)|
|Siren HAARP||20||Ships||Enemies and Allies||Area Effect||Steals crew||Solorians immune. Will steal from fully cloaked ships too|
|Assault Gondala||200||Bases||Enemies||Need Scan||Kill colonists||Cyborg immune. Undercities and Raid Shelters offer protection.|
|Cargo Grappler||50||Bases||Enemies||Need Scan||Steals food||Max 1000 from a single base.|
|Cargo Grappler||50||Ships and Pods||Enemies||Need Scan||Steals general cargo||Steals metals, food, med units and supplies, in that order|
|Money Tap||50||Bases, Ships and Pods||Enemies and Allies||Need Scan||Steals money||Only steals money from base if more than 10k mc is present|
|Hull Plan Napper||50||Bases, Ships and Pods||Enemies and Allies||Need Scan||Steal foreign hull plans||Causes damage to ships, destroys gold pod.|
|Fuel Robber||50||Ships||Enemies||Need Scan||Steals fuel||Solorians immune. Max 50 fuel stolen per turn|
 See also
 Starting Stuffs
- Starting Homeworld Resources
- Starting Buildings Matrix
- Starting Ships Matrix
- Resources on Starting Ships Matrix
 The Privateer Bands - History
This was put together by searching through the History of Changes page, looking for a match for "priv". Additional searches for text that includes special buildings, ships, and ship devices should be processed and added here.
 November 28, 2008
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.213.27
- Changed: When launching a Gold Pod with high crime, a Privateer won't have contraband stolen from the pod.
 November 25, 2008
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.213z
- Changed: Privateer River Royales do not work in a new base.
 November 19, 2008
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.213y
- New: Native Dust Off will provide a ship log entry if it cannot perform the action due to resource point constraints.
 October 20th, 2008
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.213w
- New: "NOT" command code is supported on Privateer ships.
 October 7th, 2008
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.213t
- Changed: Privateers can see the cargo of enemy ships.
- Changed: Base log message from Privateer nearby bases has the happiness adjustement now.
- Changed: Base log message from Privateer nearby River Royale has the happiness adjustement now.
- Changed: Privateers won't have crimals stealing their contraband when crime rate is high.
 September 25th, 2008
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.213s
- Changed: Cleaned up base log text for Public Space Port native migrations, Scavenger Crawler native resource gathering, Cyborg assimilations, Insectoid attacks, Enforcer arresting unit, Coalition rescue team, Coalition Focus Stones, Stellar Matter Launcher, Privateer unhappiness to neighbors, Robots native/prisoner conversion, and IMT chupanoid fun.
 Sep 10th, 2008
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.213n
- Changed: The host order for when any type of Galactic Bank transaction occurs at the start of the turn in the same process (after taxes are collected). This includes King's Palace, Tech Institute (just the galactic bank portion), Government Center, Privateer one-time "Big Man" bonus, and the Colonies of Man GalBank and GalDraw. Yes this means that all income can now pay for new ET and ET maintenance costs.
 Jul 16th, 2008
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.213i
- Fixed: When the "Alien Plans Trading Allowed" is disabled in the HConfig, only Privateer, University Alliance, Scavenger, Cyborg, People's Army, and Rebels are allowed to use "Steal Ship Plans" Spy Attack. For everyone else, it would be useless and a waste of spy mana.
 May 01, 2008
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.213g
- Fixed: Privateers were able to be blocked by Transport Inhibitor, Federation forcefields, and system damage from their ship for boarding an enemy, but not for transporting their target's resources off. Now the same limitation is imposed for that.
 April 17, 2008
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.213d
- Fixed: Privateers cannot trade hull plans to another Privateer via ship to ship transport. (I still need to review their ability to transfer between their own units. At first glance, it doesn't look broken.)
 April 01, 2008
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.213
- Fixed: Privateer Spy "Universal" typo.
- Changed: Exotic Techs for increasing scanning range is no longer applied to alien hulls except for Privateer-owned ships.
 February 14st, 2008
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.212f
- Fixed: Privateer bases adjusting native happiness will be limited between -300 and +300.
 December 7th, 2007
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.212
- Fixed: When a Privateer is using GBA command code, hull plans will be deleted.
 November 3th, 2007
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.211
- Changed: Privateer training on ships requires 50 experience instead of 51.
 Aug 27th, 2007
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.209
- Fixed: "Privateer Spies" message will only be sent once.
 June 11th, 2007
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.203
- Fixed: When you recycle a ship, the base will now get any cash, food, med units, and hull plans. Hull plans will only be transferred if the player race isn't Privateer, Solorian, Robot, or Crystal.
 Sept 5th, 2005
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.194
- Changed: Erase plans function moved to the beginning of the host run, it should work better
 Jan 3rd, 2005
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.184
- New: Gambling Deck ships generate 2 points of crime on bases they are over.
- New: Show Lounge ships generate 2 points of crime on bases they are over.
- New: Privateers move Crime around. . . if they have a base within 200LY they might take 10% of your crime away from you and give it out to another base in the area.
 Nov 28th, 2004
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.179
- Fixed: Fuel Robber producing fuel from nowhere
 Aug 9th, 2004
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.173
- New: When the fuel robber takes all a victim ship's fuel it also take the last drops of fuel from the ship's fuel core, causing the ship to be unable to move.
- New: Privateers have 2X scanning bonus when it comes to detecting and scanning enemy bases
- New: Privateers gain ship experience when they use a Boarding Laser, Cargo Grappler or Hull Plan Napper
 July 11th, 2004
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.169
- Fixed: Cargo Grappler grabbing negative numbers of supplies.
 May 10th, 2004
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.167
- New: Hull plans can not be transferred to an enemy base.
 April 4th, 2004
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.165
- Fixed: When scaling back the high guard production numbers for all races I missed scaling back the production of high guard by Privateer ships with high experience. That number has been reduced to be more in line with the rest of the universe. A limit of 25 new high guard can be trained a turn by a ship with high experience.
 March 30th, 2004
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.162
- New: Contraband Dust Off not blocked by own bases
- New: Privateers can not build alien hulls
 Feb 17th, 2004
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.161
- New: Privateers need at least 10000 colonists in a base to cause ill effects to surrounding enemy bases
- New: Privateers IMMUNE to hull plan restrictions, the HConfig setting and ill most effects of using alien hulls FILTHY SCUM!
 Feb 15th, 2004
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.160
- New: Contraband Dust Off is blocked by any base on the planet under the ship
 Jan 1st, 2004
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.155
- New: Base command code CIA deletes any alien hull plans you have stored on the base.
 May 7th, 2003
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.129
- New Rule: Privateers are no longer allowed to transfer cargo to another race's base unless they use the target's universal friendly code. They can not do the transfer at all if the two races are at war.
 May 5th, 2003
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.128
- Fixed: Stealing food from bases using the Cargo Grappler does not decrease the amount of food on the base.
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.00.126
- Fixed: Unable to launch alien hull plans in pods from my bases
- New: Privateers can no longer use alien ship plans to build new ships
- New: Privateers can not give hull plans to another race
- New: Privateer cargo pods will no longer hold plans
- New: Hull Plan Napper blows an enemies' ship's computer core when it steals plans, doing 99% system damage to the enemy ship's systems
- New: Hull Plan Napper causes cargo pods with alien plans to explode if they are docked
- New: Hull Plan Napper also grabs cash with the alien plans that it takes
- New: Privateers get the insanely high 1 to 120 kill ratio when boarding an enemy ship with a Boarding Laser if the enemy ship is of a hull type that the enemy can not normally build
- New: Cargo Grappler can steal food from pods and ground bases
 April 19th, 2003
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.124
- New: You can not place your own ship plans on a pod that you are launching from an allies' base that has given you command powers
 April 17th, 2003
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.123
- New: For the steal ship plans spy mission to work you must get a ship within 40 LY of a ship belonging to the enemy race that you wish to steal plans from
 March 3rd, 2003
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.122
- Fixed: Meteor class ships failing to move after hyper jumps
- Fixed: Privateers stealing Solorian fuel
 Oct 17th, 2002
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.116
- Fixed: Fast Hyp ships not moving after jump (Rebel Falcon, MCBR)
 Oct 15th, 2002
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.115
- Fixed: Money Tap device not stealing from resupply pod
- New: Meteor Class Blockade Runner and Rebel Falcon Class ships jump before normal movement (phase 0) and have normal warp movement after the jump
- Changed: Privateer boarding power increased, if they have the ship plans on the attacking ship when they try to board a ship they will kill 120 enemy for every 1 attacker they send over.
- Changed: Hull Plan Napper device range increased to 150 LY
 Aug 16th, 2002
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.113
- Fixed: Pirate Cove switch fails to work
 Feb 15th, 2002
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.101
- Fixed: Native Dust Off pods produce extra natives out of no where
- Fixed: Killing privateer colonists results in too much money.
 Feb 8th, 2002
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.099
- Fixed: Contraband Dust Off fails if there is more than 1000kt on the planet
 Feb 7th, 2002
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.098
- New: Cloaked ships immune to Cargo Grappler
- New: Contraband Dust Off limited to 1000kt of contraband cargo per turn
- New: Native Dust Off device limited to 400000 natives per turn
 Jan, 18th 2002
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.096
- New: Fuel Robber device does not work on cloaked ships
 Jan, 7th 2002
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.095
- Fixed: You get way too much booty sometimes when you kill a Privateer base
- Fixed: You sometimes get no booty at all when you kill a Privateer base
- Fixed: Contraband dust off pods sometime start with their sell target set
- New: Privateer Pirate Coves steal food from enemy bases
 Nov 22th, 2001
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.094
- New: Weighted resource math. Races with low growth rates give a bonus in the resource point area. Privateers get a 33.75% cut. It is uses a math system that gives the race's growth rate a 75% weight factor.
Resource score = (Res * 0.25) + (Res * (200 - Race_GrowthRate) / 100 * 0.75)
- The above is not your number of resource points it is your score
 Nov 9th, 2001
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.093
- Fixed: Fuel being robbed from cloaked ships by Privateers
- Fixed: Money tap working on cloaked ships
- New: When a Privateer Ground Base is destroyed in a ground combat action ALL the Ground Bases that belong to the Privateer's enemies within 400LY will have a little party (get a happiness bonus) This bonus can be as high as a +200 point bonus if you take out 200,000 or more at once. You get 1 point per 1000 you take out.
- New: Blasting a Privateer Ground Base from orbit will uncover their hidden cache of booty. Cash, fuel, ordnance and repair units. For every 300 privateer colonists you blast you get 6 megacredits, 2 fuel, 12 ordnance, 3 repair units.
- New: Large populations of Privateers (Ground Bases over 1 million) make 3x sensor noise.
- New: Privateer Gondolas report success in the Ground Base logs
- Changed: Privateer Fuel Robber stealing device can only take 50kt from any one enemy ship per turn (Was 150kt) Ship can steal 50 KT from many ships at once.
- Changed: Privateer ships can steal up to 200kt of fuel from an ship enemy using transporters (Was only 50 kt)
 July 30th, 2001
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.089
- Fixed: Privateers: Stealing money from self
- Fixed: Privateers: Stealing plans from self
- New: Privateers: 4X weapons bonus when the ships attacking have the target's hull plan is only given to PRIVATEER hulls. All captured alien hulls fight as normal ships.
- New: Privateers: Starting Meteor class ship gets a hyper drive.
 July 25th, 2001
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.088a
- Fixed: A debug function is triggering the activation of Privateers spies and giving away the starting positions of other players in spy messages.
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.088
- New: Privateers: Have only 1/8 normal odds of scanning a minefield (What minefield?)
- New: Privateers: All weapons have a 400% kill bonus
- New: Privateers: Ships get a 400% shield drain bonus and a 400% armor drain bonus if they have the plans of the target ship on one of their own ships taking part in a battle
- New: Privateers: Pirate's cove ground structure steals Contraband from enemy Ground Bases, causes unhappiness and has a 200ly range.
- New: Privateers: Native Dust Off device. Removes all Natives from a PLANET and places them in a Native Pod on the ship. Works AFTER movement and does not work on Ground Bases.
- New: Privateers: Contraband Dust Off device. Removes all Contraband from a PLANET and places them in a Gold Pod on the ship. Works AFTER movement and does not work on Ground Bases.
- New: Privateers: Hull plan naper, steals and deletes one enemy ship plan. Has a range of 50. Works after movement. Works on Ground Bases, ships and pods. Causes Ground Bases to become unhappy about the thief of the plans.
- New: Privateers: Party Skiff. Produces 1 mc income each. Requires 1 kt of Contraband and 100 colonists each to work. (Contraband is not used up.)
- New: Privateers: River Royale: Produces 100mc for every 1,000,000 colonists belonging to another empire within 200 LY. Causes a 5 point happiness drop in the victim race's colonists. Cyborg immune.
- New: Privateers: Assault Gondola. 200ly range. Kills enemy colonists (10 each). Raid shelter protects 1000000 colonists and Undercities protect 100000 colonists. (Yes, those numbers are correct.) Cyborg immune.
- New: Privateers: The colonists of most races and Natives detest Privateer scum and grow unhappy if the Privateers build a Ground Base within 200 LY of them. They loose 10 happy points per Ground Base in the area.
- New: Privateers: Colonists on Privateers ships are trained to be crew.
- New: Privateers: Ships with 50 or more experience points can train colonists to be troops (You get 10 experience points per battle)
- New: Privateers: Ships with 100 or more experience points can train troops to be high guard (You get 10 experience points per battle)
- New: Privateers: Ships that are captured with plans have their plans deleted 95% of the time
- New: Privateers: Advanced boarding laser: Kills up to 15% crew, 50% colonists, 20% troops
- New: Privateers: If a Privateers ship has the plans of the ship it is using a boarding laser on it can kill up to 20% crew, 60% colonists and 40% troops
- New: Privateers: If you share ANY data with a Privateer scum his spies will know your universal friendly code
- New: Privateers: Can transfer any standard cargo from any ship without having to match friendly codes. They can only take 50 kt of fuel max using standard transporters. Yes, these scum can steal ALL your ordnance.
- New: Privateers: Cargo Grappler has a 50LY range and can steal Metals, Food, Med and Supplies from any ship.
- New: Privateers: Fuel Robber has a 50LY range and can steal up to 150kt of fuel. The device will not take Solorian fuel.
- New: Privateers: Money Tap has a 50LY range, steals all money from ships and pods. Will steal all money a Ground Base has over 10000mc. (The first 10000mc is protected)
- New: Privateers: If a BR4, BR5, Meteor, Dwarfstar, or Bloodfang is owned by a non-privateer race any Privateers can set that ship as a capture target and have the enemy crew instantly spaced and take control of the ship, from any range.
 Feb 24th, 2001
 What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.067
- New: Only the Privateers and Solorians may build a Ground Base on an exploded planet (Asteroid field)
There are 3 subcategories to this category.