- Point Defense are defensive weapons that have 3 roles:
- There are 10 different kind of Point Defense you can put in your ships.
To be able to build a special kind of Point Defense you first have to upgrade to the needed Point Defense Tech Level.
- All Point Defense have a mass of 1kt and don't require metals to be built - only MC.
- The amount of point defense you can mount on a ship depends on the Hull and can vary from 0 to 10.
- Point Defense with an AW Acc / Intercept Bonus less than -10 cannot fire at incoming weapons fire.
 Combat Stats
|AF Range||Range (in km) against Wings|
|AF Acc.||Accuracy against Wings|
|AF Blast||Power against Wings|
|AW Acc.||Accuracy against incoming fire (also called "Intercept Bonus")|
|Charge Time||Time (in ticks) the PD needs to recharge|
|Power Drain||Energy the PD uses when firing. It cannot fire if the ship cannot provide it with energy.|
|Ord Usage||Ord the PD uses when firing. It cannot fire if it runs out of ord.|
|Hardness||The amount of damage that can be dealt to the ship's weapon systems before the PD stops firing.|
|Max Charge||(Seen in the ingame Weapon Specs) is simply Power Drain * Charge Time|
|Tech||Name||Cost||Tech Cost||Anti-Fighter||Anti-Weapon|| Power|
|10||Intercept||970||6000||0||0||10||90||1||3||1||75||Can not destroy enemy fighters.|
|9|| Micro Missile|
|8||Quad Laser||350||1400||110||60||4||0||1||3||-||90||+40% against ord based Large Weapons fire.|
|7||Turbo Laser||120||4200||90||35||2||0||3||1||-||60||Can shoot down 3 enemy fighters with one shot.|
|6||Auto Blaster||110||1400||30||45||3||0||1||3||-||65|| +20% against ord based Large Weapons fire.|
|10||300||100||10||15||-40||1||3||1||20|| Only PD that can intercept incoming Sandcaster fire.|
60% chance to disperse incoming Sand Caster grains.
|3||Flake Cannon||15||100||70||35||2||-10||1||1||1||35||Can intercept Small Weapons fire.|
|2||35mm Vulcan||2||200||10||20||1||10||1||1||4||10|| Can intercept Small Weapons fire. |
70% chance against Streak Missiles
|1||Holo Decoy||20||400||-||-||-||-||1||1||1||50|| Can not fire at fighters/incoming fire. |
Decoys decrease the enemy's accuracy (details here).
 Race Specials
- The Reunited Coalition of Systems has a special Target Enhancer so that their Point Defense are 30% more accurate against incoming fire and Fighters.
- Point Defense of The Commonwealth of Mivorari have only 1/2 the normal odds to shoot down fire of Large Weapons.
- Flake Cannons and 35mm Vulcan PD used by CoT and CoK Gain +20 accuracy bonus.
- Energy based PD used by CoT and CoK recieve a -20 accuracy penalty
 Order Of Events
 Against Large Weapons
If Large Weapon is Energy Mines and defending ship is owned by Coalition Point Defense do not fire Check vs each Enemy Point Defense (i loop, 10x) Get PD data, check if PD in slot If (Weapon is not Sand Caster) OR (Weapon is Sand Caster and PD is Concussion Rockets) If (PD intercept bonus >= -10) OR (Weapon is Sand Caster and PD is Concussion Rockets) If PD fully charged If (Ord >= OrdDrain) OR (OrdDrain = 0) PD energy set to 0 Ord reduced by OrdDrain pdOdds = LWeapon pdodds + PD intercept bonus If Target owned by Mivorari pdOdds = pdOdds * 0.5 If Target Enhancer Active pdOdds increased by 30 If PD is Auto Blaster and Weapon uses Ord pdOdds increased by 20 If PD is Quad Laser and Weapon uses Ord pdOdds increased by 40 If (Weapon is Sand Caster and PD is Concussion Rockets) If Rnd < 0.6 hitPD = 1 If Energized Sand Active If Rnd < 0.5 hitPD = 0 If Ship Attack > 100 If ((Rnd * 100) + (Attack – 100)) < pdOdds (possible bug!) hitPD = 1 Else (Ship Attack <= 100) If (Rnd * 100) < pdOdds hitPD = 1 //Fed Photon Torpedos evade PD 60% of the time. If Ship owned by Fed If Weapon is Photon Torpedo If Rnd < 0.6 hitPD = 0 //PD on the Draconian Rostoc Class AA Gunship has an additional chance at 60% to deflect Photon Torpedoes If Target is a owned by Draconian If Target is Rostov Class AA Gunship If Weapon is Photon Torpedo If Rnd < 0.6 hitPD = 1 If hitPD = 1 HIT negated
 Against Fighters
- Have a look at the corresponding section in the Battle Manual.
 Heavier Hulls
Heavier hulls get bonus shots with their PD vs Fighters.
- These extra shots do not require energy or ord.
- These extra shots have only the standard range (not improved by exotic tech)
- These extra shots are additional to every shot of the ship PD fired on a fighter. So a cube with 10 MML could fire 40 shots at a Fighter Wing.
- A list with Hulls by Weight Class