- Ships weapons need energy to be able to fire. The main source for that energy are engines. When using high tech weapons you will come to the point where the engines of a ship cannot produce enough energy to supply the ship's weapons - that's the point where generators come into play.
- Generators cost only money but no kind of metals.
- Each ship has max. number of generators you can put into (ranging from 0 to 5).
- You can mount every kind of generator in every ship (if you can build the generator or already have it). Different from engines or shield generators the effectiveness of the generator is not limited by the hull.
 Stats and Effectiveness
- When building generators, keep in mind that they are only needed to fire your weapons (you can see the needed power on the build screen). Simply put building more generators than needed is a good way to waste money.
- The following table is an overview over all available generators, their cost and how much energy you get per buck. The Energy/MC Ratio can be used as a rule of thumb for chosing a generator, but especially in late game there will be many ship configurations that will force you to take bigger generators even if they are not as cost effective.
Articles in category "Generator"
There are 10 articles in this category.