Exotic Tech Overview
Various ways to spend massive amounts of money to gain benefits. Often refered to as ET.
 Moment / Duration
- Exotic Techs take effect at the beginning of the turn (before movement) if there are adequate megacredits in the Galactic Bank.
- ET Spending is before the transfer from Government centers and after the income auto transfer from Taxes. See Galactic Bank for more detailled information.
- Maintenance costs are paid first then new techs can be enabled if there is sufficient remaining funds.
- Benefits from exotic techs are not applied to Alien Hulls (regardless of any HConfig settings including Alien hulls fight poorly).
- Even The Privateer do not get benefits from exotic techs on their captured Alien Hulls.
- The Aurora Class Flagship of the Coalition is an Exotic Ship that requires money from the galactic bank to support it. If the money is not paid then it will take damage.
- The Solorian Unity cannot use the Tank-O-Tronic Cloning System techs.
- Only Birdmen, Stormer, and Aczanny can use Transphased World Crusher.
- Centaurs get the Plasma Manifold A tech for free.
- You will see the ET Shield bonus added to your normal shield power when you look at the ship overview screen, other players (allied or not) will not see your ET while looking at your ships.
- I believe all other ET (attack & evasive bonus, scanning bonus) will only be seen when looking at your ships, not other player ships. Lord Lancelot 13:28, 19 April 2006 (CEST)
- Exotic Tech = ET
 Grouped by Type
A list of exotic techs with brief descriptions, grouped together by type. See individual items for racial specials.
 Ship Weapons
- Battle Computer Mark 1: +10 attack bonus
- Battle Computer Mark 2: +20 attack bonus
- Battle Computer Mark 3: +50 attack bonus
- Energized Sand: Causes Sand Casters to be more powerful
- Large Weapon Magnum A: +5 armor drain
- Large Weapon Magnum B: +10 armor drain
- Large Weapon Overcharger A: +10 shield drain
- Large Weapon Overcharger B: +25 shield drain
- Small Weapon Magnum A: +2 armor drain
- Small Weapon Magnum B: +5 armor drain
- Small Weapon Overcharger A: +2 shield drain
- Small Weapon Overcharger B: +5 shield drain
- Transphased World Crusher: Gives the World Crusher Missile a 33% chance (per base on the planet) to hit and destroy the base even if it has a base shield.
 Ship Defenses
- Agnonic Emitter A: +100 shield strength
- Agnonic Emitter B: +300 shield strength
- Agnonic Emitter C: +500 shield strength
- Anti-Fighter Computer: Increase ship PD vs wings and interferes with long range fighter targeting
- Borlox Armor: Create 20% armor per turn on every ship up to max
- Ion Deflectors: Makes ships almost immune to base ion cannons.
- Jammer ECM A: +10 evasive bonus
- Jammer ECM B: +20 evasive bonus
- PD Boost: Point Defenses fires faster (x2): and improves odds of hitting wings
- Tachnor Sensor Array A: Scan bonus 100/50/25
- Tachnor Sensor Array B: Scan bonus 200/100/50
- Tachnor Sensor Array C: Scan bonus 300/150/75
 Ship Fuel
- Fighter ECM Box: Anti-Fighter Computer effects partially negated.
- Nem Shields: Protects 50% of fighters from Nemesis Torpedo
- Sand Shields: Protects fighters from Sand Casters
- Stealth Fighters: Reduce sensor profile of wings by 90%
 Economy Boosts
- Stage 2 Pod Kicker A: +10 pod speed
- Stage 2 Pod Kicker B: +20 pod speed
- Stage 2 Pod Kicker C: +30 pod speed
- Tank-O-Tronic Cloning System A: Growth rate is increased by +20 (+1% growth).
- Tank-O-Tronic Cloning System B: Growth rate is increased by +50 (+2.5% growth).
- Tank-O-Tronic Cloning System C: Growth rate is increased by +70 (+3.5% growth).
- Omega Pulse: All Base Shields (including your own) fail to work for 5 turns
- Shokazul Pulse: Stops all races from multiplying (some devices and buildings still work)
- Soft Propaganda: Decreases happiness by 5 on ALL bases
- Vile Propaganda: Decreases happiness by 10 on ALL bases
- Poison Propaganda: Decreases happiness by 20 on ALL bases
 See also
Articles in category "Exotic Tech"
There are 45 articles in this category.