While this ship device is active, it will automatically transport all supplies from any Resupply Pods, wreckages, and if in orbit from the planet and the owner's base onto the ship and then convert the supplies into metals at a ratio of 4 to 1.
 More Options
On a ship with the alchemy ship device, there are additional options availabe at the Ship Command - Mission screen:
- You may specify the one particular metal (Duranium,Tritanium or Molybdenum) that you would like to convert the supplies into. Otherwise the supplies will be converted evenly distributed into these metals.
- You may also specify to "Auto Unload" metals into the owner's base that the ship is orbiting.
- The Command Code A## allow to only transfer ##% of its cargo hold in Supplies to the ship. If the Alchemy ship has a cargo capacity of 1000 and A10 is used, then 100 Supplies will be gathered before processing the Supplies.
 Moment / Duration
- This occurs after movement.
- Before Ore Processing
- Apparently it works prior to the DTMS-N Fuel Converter.
- The amount of supplies to be be converted is limited by the ship's cargo hold. A ship with a cargo hold of 2700, such as the Merlin Class Alchemy Ship can convert up to 2,700 supplies into 675 of one particular metal or 225 of each.
- Alchemy Forge will observe reserve levels of the base when taking supplies.(Host 213)
 Useful Command Codes
- A## for Alchemy to only transfer ##% of its cargo hold in supplies to the ship. If the Alchemy ship has a cargo capacity of 1000 and A10 is used, then 100 supplies will be gathered before processing the supplies (Host 210).
- BDM (Beam-Down-Money-And-Minerals) can be used to beam down the metals that will be produced automatically.
- AOO limits Alchemy ships to only the Supply in their cargo. Works the same as the A00 setting.